Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


Every year, my family has a tradition of sitting down together on Thanksgiving Day and writing out a list of all the big things we're thankful for that has happened since the LAST Thanksgiving.  I gotta say, it's difficult to remember back 12 months, and invariably someone will forget something really huge and there will be great outcries of disbelief and consternation when we go around and share our lists.  Haha!  But it's a great time to reflect on all the many things we have to be thankful for and to see where our priorities lie (What's "big enough" to make the list? What do we consider the most important?).

It's fascinating to see how our priorities change over the years.  I confess, when I was in my teens, just going to see a movie in the theater was such a big deal that it made the list.  Almost every social event made the list (obviously, those were somewhat few and far between).  But now my perspective has changed and matured a great deal.  My focus is more on relationships and opportunities God has blessed me with, and tangible ways in which He has provided for my needs.

This year, among other things, I am overwhelmingly thankful for the chance to have acted in 10 different movies in the past 7 months!  For the past three years, I wouldn't get to work on more than 2 or 3 films in a year.  This year, I've been busy almost non-stop since April.  God has opened so many doors!  And He has brought so many precious friends into my life in the process, and has allowed me to reunite with old and dear friends from previous projects.

What are some things you're most grateful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment