Monday, January 26, 2015

Voiceover Resource

Any voice actors or aspiring voice actors out there?  This is definitely an area that I want to explore more!  I just saw this article on Backstage.com and wanted to share it with you!  It talks about voices.com, where you can be your own agent and book paid voiceover work.

Read more here: 4 Reasons to Join the Voiceover Business and use Voices.com

Note: I talked to a friend who is pursuing a career as a voiceover artist, and she said that you can make a profile and put up samples of your work for free, but in order to actually audition or directly contact people holding auditions you have to pay. Voices.com is $40 monthly, so you could cancel if you didn't think it was worth it. Most of the personal testimonies entailed satisfied users who said one job would easily pay for more than the subscription.

She mentioned two more websites: Voice123.com (works much the same way as Voices.com, but if you are not satisfied after 30 days, you can get a refund), and ACX.com, which is all audiobooks.




If you are already in this business, I'd love to hear any advice or information you have to give, so I can share it with my readers! 

3 comments:

  1. Aaawww snap! This is mah dream!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this article, Stacey!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, McKenna! :-) Someone just told me that apparently you have to have a paid subscription on the site in order to submit auditions, so that's something I didn't realize... :-( But I'm still going to look into it. I probably need better recording equipment before I jump in too far, but it's something I do want to pursue eventually. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this great post. It’s very enlightening . I absolutely love to read informative stuff. Looking forward to find out more about professional voice over services and acquire further knowledge from here! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete