Thursday, June 5, 2014

Becoming an Actor & Asking the Right Questions

Today, I want to share some words of wisdom from my friend, professional actor Josh Murray.  I met Josh on the set of "Alone Yet Not Alone" almost four years ago.  He played the role of young George Washington.  In 2012, we acted together in "Touched by Grace" (formerly "The Senior Prank".) 

At the Premiere of "Touched by Grace". Haha, this pretty much sums up our relationship. 

Josh has a ton of credits to his name (check out his IMDb page!), and has always been an inspiration to me as someone who works hard and is dedicated to mastering his craft. 


I also want to give a shout-out to my friend Arel Avellino, who has started a brilliant podcast series to help filmmakers THRIVE instead of just survive.  Arel is a filmmaker living in Northern VA, and I am constantly impressed by his innovative ideas and his desire to help other filmmakers succeed.  I had the pleasure of acting in his short film "Trafficked: A Model Story" last year, and it was a fantastic experience.  I would work with Arel again in a heartbeat.

With Arel and his wife Sheila on the set of "Trafficked".

For everyone who wants to make films - LISTEN TO HIS PODCASTS.  He interviews tons of successful people in all areas of filmmaking, and there is a wealth of knowledge available to you for free.  For the full list, click HERE.

For everyone who wants to be an actor, I highly recommend listening to this particular podcast where Josh Murray talks about becoming an actor and the right questions to ask going in.  Click HERE.  There is also a list of resources linked on the page that he mentions in his talk.

Seriously, I can't give it to you any better than he does, so listen and learn.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this, Stacey! I loved that podcast!!! I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. I would love for you to accept it but I understand if you don't want to :) The details are on my blog here http://cherishingmyrole.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-liebster-awardor-two.html

    ReplyDelete