Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Trivia Tuesday - Liebster Award

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend and fellow actress McKenna Rosen of Cherishing my Role!  Since it's not related to acting, I figured it would be perfect for a Trivia Tuesday post so you can get to know a little more about me.



The Liebster Award exists to help bloggers get to know each other and spread the word about your blog and the blogs you love!

Here are the Liebster Award rules:

Acknowledge the blog that nominated you. 
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created. 
List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that deserve some recognition. 
Write 11 questions for them to answer. 
Notify them they've been nominated.


Okay, now to dive into McKenna's questions...
 

1. (Hardest Question Ever) How would you describe yourself?
Wow, that is really hard! Ummm, first of all, I'm a shy extrovert. Yes, I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but somehow it's possible. :-D I have a somewhat dramatic personality (not like "drama queen" dramatic -- I can be really quiet and very calm most of the time, but I tend to react to things a little more dramatically than my mother cares for. Haha!) Maybe "expressive" is a better word to use. I'm very expressive when I'm talking. I'm also short, creative, loyal, protective, gullible, old-fashioned, easily-excited, and a total romantic (okay, and stubborn and prideful and selfish if I must be honest). :-) There are many facets to me, but this is what first came to mind. :-)

2. How would you describe your sense of fashion?
Unique. Classy (well, I try, anyway). Retro/vintage (as much as possible). Modest.

3. Favorite Music Artist Ever? (Aren't these questions easy?)
Ahhhhhh, I can't do favorites! Everything I like is my "favorite"! Haha! Well, if we're talking about one artist instead of a group, then it would probably be a hot competition between Bing Crosby, Josh Groban, and Deanna Durbin.

4. Favorite Snack?
Chocolate!!! (Okay, that was an easy one. Whew!)

5. What is your favorite Non-Fiction Book?
If I have to pick, I'd say "A Praying Life" by Paul Miller.

6. Favorite Fiction Book?
Impossible question! I was a voracious reader back in the day when I had time to read, and I have SO many favorites. The Scarlet Pimpernel, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and The Count of Monte Cristo to name a few. (As you can tell, I love the classics.)

7. What is your favorite historical era fashion-wise and why?
The 1940's and '50's!!! Such classy, feminine styles. And the fashion silhouette works great with my figure. :-D

8. Tea or Coffee?
Both and neither. I have equal amounts of dislike and tolerance for each one. I'm more of a hot-chocolate type of girl.

9. What are your thoughts on the mismatched sock epidemic?
I've never actually worn mismatched socks, and honestly I haven't had many thoughts on the matter, except I do find it fun and humorous when my friends realize their socks don't match. :-)

10. What Bible Verses have jumped out at you recently?
So many of my devotionals lately (and the sermons at church!) have been about God helping us to grow through suffering. Here are some of the verses that have been used... Romans 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God." John 18:11 - "Shall I refuse to drink the cup of sorrow which the Father has given me to drink?" Psalm 107:27-28 - "At their wit's end, they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he bringeth them out."

11. Where in the world would you travel to if you could?
Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, and New Zealand are at the top of the list. :-)


And...as soon as I think I'm done with the hard part, I remember I have to nominate 11 people and come up with 11 questions!  Oh boy...   Here we go...

I nominate...

Grace of By God's Grace
Stephanie of Our Journey of God's Faithfulness
Hannah of Glory and Grace
Karissa of Clothed in Scarlet
Alyssa of Days to Remember
Amy of Pressing Toward the Goal
Courtney of Courtney Comments
Michelle of Singing FarmGirl
Bethany of Bethany's Blog
Elanee of Elanee's Endeavors
Julie of A Lily Among Thorns

Okay ladies, here are your 11 questions (and feel free to elaborate):

1. What is a ministry that you're really passionate about?
2. Random childhood memory?
3. Favorite animal?
4. Favorite ice cream flavor?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
6. Have you traveled abroad? If so, where?
7. What is your favorite historical era?
8. Do you have a favorite author of classic fiction?
9. Do you have a favorite author of contemporary fiction?
10. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up (and how does that compare to what you're doing now that you ARE grown up)?
11. What motivates you?

Have fun!  I look forward to reading your answers if you choose to do this!  Be sure to link your post in a comment below.
   

8 comments:

  1. Awesome answers! So glad you had fun with this :D I'm way into the classics, too!!! Sense and Sensibility, Pollyanna, Elsie Dinsmore, Little Women, Little Britches, The Little House Series! Bring it on! I have The Scarlet Pimpernel but haven't read it yet. Thanks for the advice! Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! And yes, definitely read The Scarlet Pimpernel!!! So good!

      Delete
    2. You listed all of MY favorites!! Scarlet Pimpernel is AMAZING!!

      And, McKenna, after you're done reading it, and all of the various shorts and sequels Orczy wrote, you should watch the movie. The Jane Seymour and Anthony Andrews version is the best :D

      Delete
  2. http://unmeritedfavorite.blogspot.com/2014/06/i-was-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered your questions! Thanks for the nomination! http://elaneesendeavors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for joining the party! :-)

      Delete
  4. That was fun!! :) Thanks and God bless!
    http://betstidbits.blogspot.com/2014/07/awarded.html

    ReplyDelete