Saturday, April 26, 2014

Monologues

I don't know about you, but I went a long time without finding a good resource for monologues.  I've had several people ask me if I knew where to find monologues for auditioning, and I couldn't help them.  But now I have found a website with LOTS of good options!  Yay!  (There are lots of bad options, too, so just wade through and look for the good ones.)

http://www.actorpoint.com/monologue.html

When you're using a monologue to audition, try to find one within the same type of genre (don't use a tragedy to audition for a comedy), and try to find a character similar to the one you're auditioning for.  You want to make it as easy as possible for the casting director to picture you in that role.

As another helpful resource, Backstage published an article with 8 tips for mastering a monologue:

http://www.backstage.com/advice-for-actors/backstage-experts/8-tips-mastering-monologues/

Do you have any resources or tips about monologues that you'd like to share?  Comment below and I might add them to the post!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment